Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
3 registered (dbd, mkontanist, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
2982 Members
13 Forums
5043 Topics
47508 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
I'm hiking/climbing Mt. Russell next week via the North Fork of Lone Pine Creek. Can anyone here describe the trail conditions and how cross-able the North Fork of Lone Pine Creek is or should be? Our permit is for overnight and I plan to camp betw
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts West Walker River State by SierraNevada @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

West Walker
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts Creek Crossing Flow Variation by SierraNevada @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

This data comes from Lyell Fork station 9650' one of the few High Sierra gauge stations with stream stage recordings. Its currently our of service as of June 2017. Shown is data from 2014 to illustrate timing of peak flow and how much it goes up and
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Whitney Summit 2017-06-19 by Steve C @ 06/25/17 10:05 PM

Here's a trip report posted on FB June 24, by Shashi Mohan Reddy Ravula Quote:Summited Whitney on June 19th. I must say it was not easy but was able to do it "One Step At A Time". We did it in 3 Days - camped two nights at Trail Camp. We w
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Available room-July 3rd- by Sara R @ 06/25/17 05:57 PM

Hi everyone, I have a reserved a private room with one queen bed on July 3rd to 4th at Whitney portal hostel that I can not use since I broke my foot. Please let me know if you are interested then we can transfer the room to you. Thanks! Sara
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Available room-July 3rd- by Sara R @ 06/25/17 05:57 PM

Hi everyone, I have a reserved a private room with one queen bed on July 3rd to 4th at Whitney portal hostel that I can not use since I broke my foot. Please let me know if you are interested then we can transfer the room to you. Thanks! Sara
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts North Fork Big Pine Creek by Dano @ 06/25/17 09:13 AM

Just fininshed a short trip to North Fork Big Pine Creek. As of a couple days ago, it was all clear until you hit the fourth lake, snow pretty much around fourth lake. I did not go any further than that. I fished fourth lake back down....mother natu
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Hiking June 26/27 - 1 Night by Alex Oleata @ 06/23/17 03:57 PM

Party of 2 will be in the Lone Pine area over the weekend, June 24-25. Hiking Whit on Monday the 26th and spending the night on the mountain. Plan to summit on Tuesday 27th, and hike back down. Just in case anyone is hiking alone and would like some
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Hiking buddy July 15th by KdubSD @ 06/21/17 12:56 PM

Looking for hiking buddy July 15th for one day up/back. I plan on starting around 1am.