Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3599 Members
10 Forums
5490 Topics
50329 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Does Anyone Have Unused Permits for 9/27 by Gene-O @ Today at 01:15 PM

I have two members of my party that probably wonít be going with us on our Whitney trip. They are overnight permits for 27th and 28th of September.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Canyon R2R2R by bruce @ Today at 06:24 AM

Yeah you're right Steve. I do remember a lot a great scenery during the hike. That bridge, tunnel, the sub-canyons and getting closer to the colorful rock formations. R2R would be the way to do it. It was mainly dark descending/ascending the sout
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Snacking Bear @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Thanks Scott!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Clouds Rest from Tenaya Lake by Snacking Bear @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

Yes, the route is fairly wide, there is a risk, but it is just an uneven sidewalk. Here is a photo I posted a few years back on IG, you can see my brother atop the ridge. John's photos are great because they show the sandy, ledge-y nature of the
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts clouds rest ridge by Snacking Bear @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

yes
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts Clouds Rest approach from Tenaya Lake by John Sims @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Clouds Rest approach from Tenaya Lake, Taken with an iPhone, so a bit of a wide angle, so looks more narrow than it really is
General Discussion
FYI - Tony and I could not connect in time to make it work (I was off the grid yesterday afternoon), so I gave up the extra permit. Itís now available for walk-ins. Iím still interested in joining a group if possible.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Snow on Mountain Williamson ? by Venkat @ 09/17/18 08:54 PM

Thanks, very helpful
General Discussion
Originally Posted By: saltydogAs of March this year, he was still recovering from coma, head trauma and the two days exposure before he was found. Amazing he survived. New Story here Going back and refreshing on SAR's in recent years. This on
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Conquering Colorado's 14ers by bobpickering @ 09/17/18 10:02 AM

That brings back some great memories. I spent five vacations climbing the Colorado 14ers, many with my wife summiting too.
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Successful Summit 9/10/18 by bruce @ 09/17/18 08:34 AM

Congrats to both of you! My brother and I did the hike same day and started close to the same time, so likely we crossed paths at some point. You picked a great day weatherwise, it was perfect.
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts Conquering Colorado's 14ers by WanderingJim @ 09/16/18 06:43 PM

A few pictures of my recent Colorado 14er trip
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Summit Aug 23rd by + @ti2d @ 09/15/18 01:45 PM

OCDAVE, I salute you for staying with your Houston friend. Bravo Zulu to all.
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: mt russell summit 9/10/2018 by futbol @ 09/15/18 09:48 AM

Thanks Steve! The way from Iceberg Lake is via Whitney/Russell pass and the south arete, which is much longer but the funnest, according to a guide I met on the trail. That's on my list, and so is the north ridge. To get to UBSL in that time is to
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for someone to climb with by Su Ven @ 09/14/18 02:40 PM

did you find some one or looking for someone. i was looking for some options to do this hike. DM me if it works out
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: 5 Most Dangerous Peaks in the US by Harvey Lankford @ 09/14/18 08:44 AM

What is the "most dangerous" mountain in the world? Everest? - nope. K2? - nope Annapurna? nope It is Mt Blanc. - talking about gross yearly total deaths , not percentage chance of dying on an individual mountain. (ie., statistics d
General Discussion
Found a climbing partner! Getting to trailhead (there really is no trail) Wednesday night. This will be a much more explorative trip, now that I have been there and have had a few years to think about what to do next time. Will try to explore imp