Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3780 Members
10 Forums
5599 Topics
51221 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Looking for 1 person day use July 18 by Chase R @ Today at 07:52 PM

Hello, I have a day use permit (4 person) for July 18 and wed like to add one more person to our group. What do you think the chances of a spot opening up would be? Or does anyone have an opening on that day? Thanks!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Beta for 5/25 - 5/26 by socalmountaineer @ Today at 04:49 PM

I was just up there last weekend. A few thoughts: - I don't know how much snow this storm is dropping down low but we were able to bypass the E-ledges by using a pink flagged route on the left side of the creek. By the time we were coming down the
General Discussion
Jump to new posts 2 Overnight permits available June 13-14 by Ak16 @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

Looking for fellow hikers for the 13th and 14th of June. Friends of mine are too busy in the rat race. I got a permit for a group of three if interested. Would be ideal to drive up from LA on Wednesday the 12th if interested in car pooling as well. T
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Conditions for June 9-10th Summit by Jonathan C @ 05/20/19 06:19 PM

http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthreads.php/topics/53085/When_will_Mt_Whitney_switchbac#Post53085
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Any Weather updates 5/19? by JBone @ 05/19/19 11:57 AM

Hello board, I'm looking for any weather updates from locals. The system that has been lingering does not seem to be showing any signs of slowing down. Although there has been some predictions of heavy snow, I appears as if the actual accumulation h
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: JMT Hike ending in Whitney in July by Anton @ 05/18/19 02:59 PM

I use the 3400 Porter for long trips an the summit pack for shorter, and I absolutely love both models - super simple, yet, versatile and comfortable. Southwests and Windriders are also very popular among long distance hikers and climbers. Keep in mi
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: 5/20/19 MWT ATTEMPT by Tonygt86 @ 05/16/19 06:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up Steve.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Whitney from west by chicagoan @ 05/16/19 02:23 PM

Thanks everyone! Time to make plans
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: 5/28-5/30 MWT attempt by sierrahiker @ 05/15/19 09:30 PM

Thanks you and others for your responses. I dont intend to take risks to go to the summit. Ill only go as far as my skills reasonably allow.