Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
4003 Members
10 Forums
5826 Topics
52447 Posts

Max Online: 1443 @ 07/29/19 08:40 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Skeleton discovered in Williamson bowl by StorminMatt @ Today at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob WestWas that trip leader tripping on something? http://manzanarstore.com/cemetery.html https://www.sierrawave.net/decades-old-human-remains-discovered-on-mount-williamson/ The Manzanar cemetery was a long way from Mt. Wil
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Polemonium Peak and North Palisade by Steve C @ Today at 12:29 AM

Nice! Thanks for posting the video.
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Day Hike to Whitney this coming Monday by Steve C @ 10/17/19 11:59 PM

The trail is dry. Ice at the cables can be avoided. Watch the weather... Sunny and cold. highs in the 40s, low in the 20s.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Anticrepuscular Rays by Steve C @ 10/17/19 01:50 PM

Posted on the JMT FB group by Matthias C: Quote:We got up at 1am in Crabtree Meadows to catch the sunrise on Whitney. Sunrise didnít take place though due to a band of thick clouds on the horizon in the east (and we would have been late to the summit
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Steve C @ 10/17/19 01:22 PM

Dylan J cycled from Death Valley, then climbed Whitney via the Mountaineers Route all in one day. Here are the cables from Oct. 12, 2019.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Measured elevation gain/mileage MWT from the portal by Halfdomer Homer @ 10/16/19 11:55 AM

Yes 6900' is very close. Every time I have gone up there my GPS is close to that number given margin of error. Also, a little over 21 miles RT. Trail crest 200' back and forth, plus the ups and downs on the back 1.9 plus Bighorn park.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Selling overnight permits for 10/18 to 10/20 by AdventureUSA @ 10/14/19 02:44 PM

No need to sell those 4 tickets, friend. I'm returning 6 for the exact same time period tomorrow afternoon.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Whitney Overnight Permits by StorminMatt @ 10/14/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: soopYes that's correct. Didn't see any rangers. Iíve climbed Whitney FOUR TIMES, and Iíve NEVER seen a ranger (let alone had my permit checked). Then again, Iíve never gotten an alpine start, and Iíve never done it on a weeke