Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 82 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3636 Members
10 Forums
5514 Topics
50541 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Steve C @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Shared on FB by Karen L. From Sunday, Nov 11.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Death on the Dome by Harvey Lankford @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

DEATH ON THE DOME is the title of a recent article in Wilderness and Environmental Medicine, based on a multimedia search incl from YNP and AAC. They considered it a non-technical route when the cable were up, but technical climber deaths anywhere
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Lost and found hiker: Cautionary tale by Steve C @ 11/14/18 10:04 PM

I think I put up some bad info in the first post. He sent his SOS at 7 PM. His friend wrote: "He couldnt find his way dilerious, tired, and too dark to see and I imagine to icy to tell. I had a sgt leading him to the trail by his locations on
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts Whitney Main Trail 11/11/18 by Philippe @ 11/13/18 12:21 PM

See pictures attached.
General Discussion
I thought you and powerful friends in the forest and Washington were getting something going on MMWT. At least that is what you implied on Facebook more than a year ago without specificity. How's about an update for the peeps.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: 5 Most Dangerous Peaks in the US by wbtravis @ 11/13/18 09:36 AM

They don't even get the the SoCal mountain right. Bad article poorly researched.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Oh the haze... by Steve C @ 11/10/18 07:54 PM

Yep. Really bad all over. Here in Fresno the sky was gray. My high school kid had a band trip to the SF bay area cancelled today due to unhealthy air. They then were going to move it inland to Modesto, but the bad air hit them, too. California i
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: mt russell summit 9/10/2018 by fusial @ 11/09/18 04:36 PM

Wow nice ascent! Russell is on my list too after a failed early spring attempt a few years ago (tons of snow at the top, almost fell). Would like to do it as a day hike, how is it descending the e-ledges in the darkness?