Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
1 registered (saltydog), 8 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3251 Members
13 Forums
5333 Topics
49541 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: DAY HIKE 11-11-17 by Steve C @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ChaserI will definitely do that. Curious as to your thoughts of Mount Whitney from the Webcam now. We are set on White Mountain for this weekend, just curious to how you think the Whitney Trail would be right now. Gorgeous a
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Steve C @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

Crampons could be useful. Ice axe: not enough consolidated snow anywhere that an axe would help.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Winter 2017-2018 forecast by saltydog @ 11/16/17 06:39 PM

Thought Bob's punchline was gonna be: "Winter: Snow. Cold. Duh."
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Whitney/Cottonwood streetview by Steve C @ 11/16/17 11:32 AM

That's pretty cool! It appears the camera setup wasn't always in exactly vertical/horizontal orientation, since scanning left and right sometimes shows the ground and sometimes the sky. ...on some of the pictures. Definitely cool that a regular
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Snow on Whitney! by Steve C @ 11/16/17 11:29 AM

Don't believe mountain-forecast. They always over-predict the amount of snow. NOAA is far better. Links for both are on the Mt Whitney Weather page.
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Glacial Polish by Steve C @ 11/16/17 11:07 AM

Good article!
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Where Are the Silly Jokes? by RenoFrank @ 11/16/17 07:44 AM

A father told each of his 3 sons when he sent them off to college, "I feel it's my duty to provide you with the best possible education, and you do not owe me anything for that. However, I want you to appreciate it. As a token, please each put $