Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3657 Members
10 Forums
5527 Topics
50636 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by wagga @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Bella hopes Steve is feline better.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by Steve C @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Swelling is sure making it sore!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by Steve C @ 01/21/19 03:34 PM

Paul, I just got back from the first of 12 PT sessions. They tell me I'm already ahead of the average on the flexion measurements, so it's going well. I'll take a pain med before the PT, but Ibuprofen is all I will need outside of that. I'm hoping
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by Paul @ 01/21/19 02:25 PM

Hey Steve. Just saw this thread. Yikes..... Okay, all is well? What's your time frame for layoff before hiking again? How's the other knee? Getting old is the pits. I turn 70 in April. Good luck!!!! paul
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by Steve C @ 01/20/19 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wagganow he's floating in a wonderful haze of Oxycontin. Ha!! Three days out, and I've made it through the day with only Vitamin I. First round of PT tomorrow... I think I'll pop the serious meds before that session.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: MR in winter by Jham5150 @ 01/20/19 10:28 AM

Ok, I'm going to descend down the MR. You guys rock with all the info. Much appreciated.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: MR in winter by bobpickering @ 01/19/19 11:15 PM

To summarize/simplify what others have said, it is far easier to descend the MR than to descend the main trail and then find your way back to your tent at UBSL.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by G4u2 @ 01/19/19 09:40 PM

Very funny Bob!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: MR in winter by QITNL @ 01/19/19 05:16 PM

See Pinnacle Pass, page 66 in Secor. It's in Google Books. Class 3, crosses just east of Pinnacle Pass needle. I've been up and down both sides, from Trail Camp and Upper Boy Scout. It's fairly mellow, but that was without gear or ice or snow. Your
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: MR in winter by Jham5150 @ 01/19/19 05:03 PM

Thank you very much, I appreciate the info. I'll have to do a bit more prep work and descend the same way.. Cheers
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: MR in winter by Steve C @ 01/19/19 03:54 PM

In all the years I've monitored trip reports, I have never seen anyone write of crossing that ridge. It sure look impassable from either side -- lots of near vertical granite. You CAN go from lower Boy Scout over to Mirror Lk via Thor Peak, but it'
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: MR in winter by Jham5150 @ 01/19/19 02:19 PM

My brother and I will be attempting the MR end of April/beginning of May. We made it to the summit on the main trail in 2017 same time of year with the record snow falls. (Awesome trip). We want to go up the MR but descend on the main trail for safte
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by bobpickering @ 01/18/19 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: waggaNow he's floating in a wonderful haze of Oxycontin. Looking forward to his trip report.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by wagga @ 01/17/19 05:32 PM

Just spoke with Steve in hospital. His surgery is completed, and went well, now he's floating in a wonderful haze of Oxycontin.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by MikeH @ 01/17/19 07:07 AM

Good luck, Steve. A family member had both his knees done and we have heard all positive things. He bikes, hikes, plays tennis, chases the grandkids etc. Best wishes.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: TKR - Total Knee Replacement by G4u2 @ 01/16/19 08:33 PM

Best of luck Steve. Hoping for a speedy recovery!