Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
3 registered (Rockyflop, Paul, RenoFrank), 16 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3496 Members
10 Forums
5386 Topics
49715 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Where to camp the night before by kedierluc @ Today at 07:02 PM

There are day camping on both the Portal (~8.4K) or at Horseshoe Meadows (10K). No need to reserve as these are first come first serve.
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Mt. Russell via East Ridge 6/22/2018 by BFR @ Today at 01:33 PM

Nice day on the classic East Ridge. Other than the extremely long sand slog from UBSL to Russell-Carrillon saddle, was a fantastic blue bird day. The ridge had a little snow but it was easy to avoid or go through. High quality class 3 with seriou
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: What to pack for a day hike to Whitney by eje67 @ Today at 01:17 PM

My suggestion would be to carry at least 4 liters of water from Trail Camp to the summit. I think that having plenty of water is critical on this part of the trail; you don't want to be rationing water here because you've only brought 1 or 2 liters.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Mt Russell East Ridge Conditions by BFR @ Today at 12:43 PM

I climbed the East Ridge on 6/22. One snow crossing remaining but there is no exposure. Enjoy.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Where to camp the night before by Deke @ Today at 11:47 AM

I have overnight permits for July 26th. I'm hoping I'm not too late in securing a camp spot for the 25th. Any suggestions for spots at a higher altitude? Are they still attainable?
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by highsierramike @ Today at 10:33 AM

Hiked to trail camp on Wednesday. Group of four. Two of us are in our forties, two aged 17. Me and the (then) 16 year olds successfully summitted in July 2017. Snow conditions were much worse then than they are now. A word of caution: last year I
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by bighead @ Today at 07:29 AM

Any new updates? We are coming from the west side of Mt Whitney July 2nd and trying to decide if we need to carry axes or micro spikes.
For Moderators only
Joshua, THANKS! Yes, delete the user account if you can. I'll delete this one.
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Trip Report: Tuesday, June 19th to Wednesday, June 20th by Panorama Paul @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Did you take long enough on top to really take in the view? You might want to remember the names of the other peaks: https://www.summitpost.org/labeled-mount-whitney-panorama/1002719/c-841725 . FREE Download before your trek, go on-line while on
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Mt. Whitney Summit & Descent via 99 Switchbacks by Panorama Paul @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Did you take long enough on top to really take in the view? You might want to remember the names of the other peaks: https://www.summitpost.org/labeled-mount-whitney-panorama/1002719/c-841725 . FREE Download before your trek, go on-line while on