Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 67 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3603 Members
10 Forums
5494 Topics
50368 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: summiting Whitney after heart attack by Steve C @ Today at 08:40 PM

Outstanding! Way to keep on truckin' Nice way to celebrate a 1-year anniversary of the FHA.
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: permit needed by cesarvasquez @ Today at 04:06 PM

Great! I will certainly do that. Thanks so much!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: summiting Whitney after heart attack by quillansculpture @ Today at 03:14 PM

I appreciate all the posts and support on this site. Not a summit, but just as important to me. I called this the "F#(% Heart Attacks" hike, as it's been one year since my heart attack. I've overcome cancer, a new hip, but this one, well just a
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Whitney via the scenic route 9/15-9/17 by MtMikeR @ Today at 02:00 PM

Awesome pictures psyko. Thank you for the great write up. Loved reading it and makes me want to try some other areas other then the Main Trail!
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: permit needed by Steve C @ Today at 08:34 AM

Just walk into the Visitor Center and ask for a no-show permit. This late in the season, there should be enough to go around. Checking last year's unused permits numbers, it looks like in September, all the Saturdays are in high demand. So if you
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts permit needed by cesarvasquez @ Today at 02:58 AM

I will be in the Whitney area this weekend and want to give a shot at climbing it. Just wondering, what are the chances at this time of the season to get permit? Any suggestions, anyone?
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by NaniTree @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Haven't been to Whitney in the fall and wondering if it's worth the visit. Does the terrain change much- any fall colors? Other question: does it ever get "too windy" to summit? Looking at the forecast right now for the weekend and here's