Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
4 registered (WhitneyHiker085, Pijiu & The Man, RenoFrank, mtnscalling), 25 Guests and 63 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
2979 Members
13 Forums
5037 Topics
47470 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Mount Langley by mtnscalling @ 11 minutes 10 seconds ago

Hi Marty - If you zoom in on the most recent picture dated 6/11. You can see the switchbacks. I'm guessing that it will be okay this coming weekend and will likely go over NAP next monday (7/3). I will of course talk with the rangers and folks at E
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Ice axe self arrest, etc. by Bob West @ 27 minutes 0 seconds ago

I agree. At least in the State of California, to legally possess a handgun a certain amount of testing is required before the gun can be legally purchased. Before a CCW permit can be issued a formal course of approved training is required (but gang-b
General Discussion
Originally Posted By: Fan... Would the water levels be significantly higher if I started 1-2 hours later from WP, at first light? What do people think is the time of the day/night when water levels are at their lowest? I get that they're likely at th
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by rdev @ Today at 06:58 AM

Hi- My 'equipment': Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX mid-weight hiking shoes Black Diamond Ice Axe (60)- rented from REI Black Diamond Contact strap crampons - rented from REI OR Crocodile Gaiters Smartwool mountaineering heavy hiking socks x2 I cannot re-it
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Trip Report to Summit and back || 6/24/17 by over1812 @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Thanks for this report rdev! I'm glad to see someone posting a report that is more like me: a "fair weather hiker". It is very refreshing to see something that contrasts the reports of people just walking right up the chute with microspik
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Whitney Trail Summit Success 6/24/17 by Colorado-hiker @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

Christian, Couple additional comments. We had a group who summited Thursday, June 22nd. We used microspikes, ice axes and did just fine provided you have an early start. Felt perfectly safe at all times. We left trail camp at 3:30 am. I agree th