Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 72 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
2784 Members
13 Forums
4896 Topics
46601 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Trail conditions and other hikes April 16th by Steve C @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

That is pretty early for the roads to be open. You should call the Inyo County Roads number just before your trip, and ask. 760-878-0202 I see you are flying into Las Vegas. Check driving times. I think you're in for lots of hours in the car for
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Debbie by Steve C @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Hold on tight!
Gear Heads
Jump to new posts Re: Wood hiking stick vs treking poles by Steve C @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

Interesting that you use them for climbing. I use them especially for descending, but I have a really bad knee, where I can't step down quickly on it -- the poles are a lifesaver for that. The sticks enable me to hike and carry a backpack at all!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Need a permit for July 2017 by ScottHikerEsq @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

I was unsuccessful in this year's lottery. If anyone who got an overnight permit in July has an extra space, I would be most grateful. Scott 805-231-49 six five
General Discussion
Originally Posted By: cantareDiscounting the potential for extreme heat in the GC, I'd say Whitney's tougher than R2R. Same elevation gain, but you're 6000' higher and the trail is significantly rougher. Now if you make it R2R2R in a day, that's defi