Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
1 registered (SandmanJ), 18 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3558 Members
10 Forums
5455 Topics
50131 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Old Army Pass by SandmanJ @ Today at 06:56 AM

Bret, We are headed up Army Pass this Sat. the 18th. We have the same ? and saw the NPS notice regarding the pass. I sent a pvt. message to Luis but have not heard back yet. Plan to be home Sunday nite the 19th and will try to post what we disco
General Discussion
The article in "Outside" is a great example of "look who's calling the kettle black". I stopped reading that publication years ago. They sell magazines by hyping extreme sports. Way too many jocks and jockettes out there. Test
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Old Army Pass by MsDeBourgh @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

Hi. I summited Mount Langley, going up via Old Army Pass (and down New) in September of 2016. The most current information from the NPS on the Pass this year is this: "7/26 - Snow free but has suffered extensive damage from rockslide on ste
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Wiff @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

Don't think that water ever dries up. Three weeks ago there was plenty for you and all your elephants. Definitely filter.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by BGDCPA @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

Yes the tarn I wasn’t sure if it ever dried up... I know this time last year it was full but that was a heavy snow season
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by WanderingJim @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BGDCPACan anyone tell me how the water is at Trail camp? Is there plenty of water to pump? There will always be water from the Tarn to use at Trail Camp. Or were you talking about the spring on the switchbacks?
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by BGDCPA @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Can anyone tell me how the water is at Trail camp? Is there plenty of water to pump?
Trip Reports
Way to go! Glad you found the owner. I found a phone on a Half Dome off-trail spot last year, but it was so damaged, it wouldn't charge. I think it had been out in the weather a long time. The battery was swelling a little.
Trip Reports
I was able to charge the android phone (fortunately not locked) and connect with the rightful owner through WiFi enabled messanger/WhatsApp. The person was extremely happy, since she had lots of photgraphs and videos she wanted to share with her gran