Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3539 Members
10 Forums
5423 Topics
49946 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Mount Whitney summit - 7/19/2018 by Panorama Paul @ 50 minutes 29 seconds ago

Did you take long enough on top to really take in the view? You might want to remember the names of the other peaks: https://www.summitpost.org/labeled-mount-whitney-panorama/1002719/c-841725 . FREE Download from Summitpost AND/OR buy a 2x3-foot
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Long Term Parking at Whitney Portal by Goose @ Today at 06:40 PM

I'm not aware of any official rule or time limit, but I parked at the portal for six nights at the beginning of July while my daughter and I hiked around from Horseshoe Meadow. I asked about doing so when we picked up our permit and was told that as
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Steve C @ Today at 12:05 PM

MHS: Congratulations!!! Thanks for the report. I can relate regarding the old knees. I used to run down parts of the trail! ...not anymore. And good for you on the Diamox use. Your ascent directly to Trail Camp without first spending a nig
For Moderators only
Jump to new posts juliani by Steve C @ Today at 11:56 AM

Add to this thread, after a month or two: http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthreads.php/topics/53052/all Several final pictures from this disaster: Ice axes lost when the fall began: Tracks: from GoPro
General Discussion
Thanks, BFR. That spot is deadly when the temps are low enough that the snow is iced-up. A hiker lost his life there this spring when he slipped and lost both ice axes. When there is no snow, it's an "Easy Walk-Off". What a difference!!
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Amazing cloud formation today on Whitney by BFR @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

I just had to share this! Took this coming down from Iceberg lake. Can you see the ďWĒ?
General Discussion
If you have no takers yet, itís not much, but I can offer you this . . . Our group of four had a Day-Use permit for July 11th, but didnít hike due to the fire, and we couldnít stay until the Portal reopened. I was lucky enough to land another Day-