Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
1 registered (wagga), 6 Guests and 78 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3400 Members
10 Forums
5332 Topics
49252 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Jessica by wagga @ 11 minutes 24 seconds ago

Bump.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Ice Axes and Crampons by wagga @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

I recommend that anybody untrained person planning to take an ice axe out in steep snow just lookup "Caltrop" - not the weed.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Links for Safe Mountaineering by wagga @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Some of you already know this, but WhitneyZone was created when another site jettisoned the "How Not To Die On Whitney" posts. They were saved and are still here. The real object of this forum is still "How Not To Die On Whitney".
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Mt Shasta for late May or early June? by wagga @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SierraNevadaMinor correction there, Willy Dog. The toilets at Shasta Horse Camp are nice composting toilets, not pit toilets. They're typically very clean and function really well without the smell of a pit toilet - better than
Gear Heads
Jump to new posts Re: Shoes? by WanderingJim @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob WestTry sandals or barefoot. My Irish friends hike all year in sandals - in Ireland. When I went over Kersarage Pass last year,there was a guy hiking up barefoot. I don't think I'd ever do that, but if it works for them i
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Interested in nearby hikes? by mbs17 @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to DM me (I think you can do that on here?) and let me know what kind of difficulty you are looking for and maybe I could offer some suggestions!
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Almost to the Summit by David Miles @ Yesterday at 11:54 AM

Mark, That is a very nice looking bivy! How is it holding up with the rocks on top? Dave