Hi Ken, Thanks.... Well, my appt is with another doctor now as I just wasn't comfortable with the first office. The second office was nice, I talked with everyone I could and his ratings were very, very good compared to the first doctor. So, I guess I'll know what's going on when I have my appt on Monday. I didn't know that some hernias don't need surgery, so my fingers are crossed.
I'm not real worried as my body probably needs the rest anyways, so a few days off (I hope only a few) would probably do it good. I don't particularity need weight training as far as gaining mass, and at my age, it hasn't come easily anyways. I've been contemplating lowering my weights and just trying to keep the slight definition I have. As many of you know, I was 255 lbs prior to my hip replacement, and now I'm around 188 to 190. I'd still like to take about 5 to 8 more pounds off prior to hiking Whitney...... just a goal, not a necessity.
As far as past surgical history. I had a few surgeries when I was younger, appendectomy, thumb repair from slicing my tendon in half, one when I was in 6th grade where they removed a benign tumor from my neck, my cancer surgery, which was also on my hand, and my hip replacement. I did get MRSA after cancer surgery, but thankfully that went away fairly fast.
I'm 55 5' 11" and extremely healthy with a resting heart rate of 57 to 58. I can treadmill for hours, same with stairclimber and bike. Hiking is actually much tougher than any of the cardios I do, but I can do okay. I have low blood pressure, which wasn't the case at 255. And, most of all, I feel great and I can keep up with the kids in their 20's at the gym...... well, until now :-)
I'll update on Tuesday or so. If anyone wants to e-mail, my e-mail is quillansculpture@verizon.net
And Ken, I really do appreciate your advice and always have.

and wazzu, no, not this time.... just lifting too much on bicep curls in front of my 21 year old.

"Turtles, Frogs & other Environmental Sculpture"

www.quillansculpturegallery.com
twitter: @josephquillan

If less is more, imagine how much more, more is -Frasier