QS,

One of my brothers has had two hernia surgeries. My brother also has cerebral palsy (CP), he's partially paralyzed on his left side and he has other issues due to his CP. He's my one of my older brothers. He had pretty bad hernias too, especially the first time, because he was (I think) embarassed or did not know what was wrong with himself. He finally called me one day to ask me to take him to the doctor. I took him and he wanted me to go into the room to meet with the doctor. I quickly realized he probably needed one of my other brothers with him and not his sister because he had to show the doctor what was ailing him. I was of course a good sister and looked away. The second time he got a hernia he knew immediately what he had and didn't wait so long to tell someone he needed help. I took him back and forth to the hospital for his surgeries, but my other brothers stepped into help with his doctor visits. Bottom-line, my brother did well with both surgeries, he was back on his feet in no time although he had to take it easy for a while, but before I knew it he was back to his old self. I am so blessed to have all my brothers. They are truly a comfort to me.

QS, you'll do just fine during and after your surgery, I'd bet on it.

Lynnaroo