A few more comments:

1. Just above LBSL about 11:00 AM we met three guys coming down. They had started a "day hike" the day before about 1:30 PM. They said they reached The Notch at 1:00 AM going on snow all the way up along side The Chute. One of the three was half way up The Final 400 (which he described as snowy and icy) when he realized his two friends were not going above The Notch so they all descended to Iceberg Lake. They were cold, wet, and unprepared to be out overnight. One said he had socks on his hands for gloves but they were wet and freezing. Luckily there were people camped at Iceberg Lake who helped them make it through the night. I'm guessing that could have ended badly.

2. In the middle of the night while camping at UBSL my wife told me she could hear a marmot chewing on our tent. I assured her they would not come in the tent and to try not to worry. In the morning my wife found this hole on her side of the tent. Our campground friend Kent suggested that it was made by a mouse.

Any advice on what kind of a patch I need to repair it? An air mattress patch? nylon tent patch? It's a Big Agnes Flycreek 3. I believe it's ripstop nylon. And are there any precautions I can take to prevent this?

3. Between LBSL and the E-Ledges on the way down I slipped and fell on my butt. I was able to scoot on my butt to a safe spot to stand up. I had just shot a video of my wife going over an interesting spot on the trail and I'm afraid I was careless as I tried to catch up to her.

Last edited by RenoFrank; 08/07/14 09:48 AM.