"It was my choice too for most trip until I made the decision to carry it all the time so I could accurately give coordinates to SAR or other first responders just in case. "

Sounds to me like a serious deficiency in map reading knowledge.
Most experts I know can get you within 100 feet. Better take some classes, and shore up this deficiency.

I don't believe in trying to make up in deficient basic knowledge with technology. You'll get burned by a dead battery.

You keep harping on first aid kits. MY experience is that people have first aid kits, but are deficient in knowledge of how to use them. People don't get training. For someone like yourself, out on trails in semi-official capacities, who has repeated first aid incidents, I'd consider Wilderness EMT the lowest level of training. Where did you get your certification? Is it current?
If not, why do you go out with this deficiency in preparation?

But a much better way of approaching this is the following: "judge not, lest ye be judged". Lotta uninformed judgement coming from you, WB. This philosophy does NOT negate your experience, which is certainly valid, but it does speak against smearing every person you've never met.

Your memory may not be long enough, but I distinctly remember under-prepared and under-geared people LONG before there was ever an ultralight movement.