Originally Posted By: Steve C
Hi Tarrytown, welcome! On 4/1, those slots you see with the X and a number will become available at 10 AM Eastern Time. And it's a free-for-all. The only way to get any of those is to be really fast:

Be logged in and ready. Keep refreshing the screen until the X changes to A (available) click the 'A', then click Book Permit, as fast as you can, because you could be racing dozens of others doing the same thing. If you are successful, the screen will jump to the cart, and you have 15 minutes to pay.

Now... I'm not sure how the system works for someone like you who already has several slots, so you're adding to an existing trip. I hope the system is smooth enough for it to work out for you.

Now... If there aren't any slots currently available to add on your date, it's a pretty slim chance any will show up by 4/1. Throughout April, if anyone logs in and declines slots they won, then those will pop up "at a random time in the next 24 hours".

On May 1, if anyone won slots for your same date, but they just did not pay, then their slots will be released by the system on May 1, and pop up as available "at a random time in the next 24 hours".

Good luck!!

Many thanks, Steve. Very helpful! I'll be online tomorrow morning and ready to go.

35/50