Compared to 2 weeks ago: The parking lot is full to the point of parking far away / on the shoulder. The creek crossings are still high, but much lower. The trail was borderline crowded, though I veered off and enjoyed the hike up to Lower Boyscout - ledge scrambling was doable even for me (I have fears), my feet drenched from the two crossings, the ants were a constant annoyance, but there was stunning flower blooms with lots of butterflies. The Whitney view was astounding! I didn't continue because I was over tired and almost barfed trying to eat - it's rough to drive from 500 to 8400 ft then hike 3 miles to over 10k for me!

Anyhow, I saw helmets and ropes and people covered in sunblock, but no longer crampons and few axes so the snow must be minimal and I couldn't see much at all from lower on the trail, though even small patches can seem large when traversing. Reports of pika and grouse sightings with babies from smiling pairs coming down. I think it's weird that tours are allowed: the people in tow did not seem to have the needed experience for that route, IMO, and the store owner laughed and said the group I saw had called it quits when I mentioned now not-fun the leader's face looked.

Be safe - get experience and enjoy the place w/o summit fever. Please, pick up your trash, incl toilet paper!

@terraelise anything (fb, ig, etc.)