I've been the camp host at Tuttle Creek BLM (still here, but CG closed) since November and yes, it seems like the perfect place (Lone Pine) to come, but the key to all of the fear & closures is about the folks that are asymptomatic (have the virus but no symptoms)... your sick and come here (feeling great) and you have bought fuel, supplies, etc for your "adventure", but now you've spread the virus in a small town with limited hospital resources... this goes for the entire Owens Valley.

This virus is 3X more infectious than the flu virus.

Please consider this... I had a camper here two weeks ago (before we closed) that sat by my campfire with his Asian girlfriend (they were from Seattle) and swore he had the virus in late December... really got my attention and I immediately got up and reminded him that the "experts" still don't know all the details of this virus.

As an example... lions & tigers in a New York zoo have been infected with this crazy virus (Washington Post news today)

I'm 68, in excellent health, but I don't want to find out how susceptible I am to this weird medical enigma !

Please respect the elderly everywhere and give it the 30 days recommended

IMHO

Depression is just anger without the enthusiasm