I don't think the lockdowns are going to last for more than a few months. After which time the restrictions will be slowly lifted, depending on geographic location. Essential for this of course will be the flattening of the curve, and we are already starting to see signs of this. Also essential will be widespread availability of masks and antibody testing, for contact tracing. Social distancing will remain the norm until there's a vaccine.

It's going to be a lot more complicated than a simple lockdown, regarding what non-essential activities are allowed to proceed and which aren't. But intuitively it would appear that restrictions on large, mass gathering will be the last to be lifted.

Speaking of which, I'm entered in the Boston marathon for Sept. 14th, which is a rescheduled date from April 20th. It so happens that my Whitney permit was awarded on that same day, so obviously I can't be at both. But at this point it seems pretty clear that the marathon will be cancelled and I just hope by then my permit (just for myself) will still be valid. That will determine whether I go or not. No point in worrying about it now, just hoping for things to get back to semi normal ASAP before the economy, especially tourism, gets too devastated to the point where many places in towns like Lone Pine go out of business because they can't survive and there's no more stimulus money.