Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 56 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3618 Members
10 Forums
5504 Topics
50470 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Not Only Hikers Need To Be Retrieved On Whitney. by Delkan1066 @ Today at 06:49 AM

I was in the area a few weeks after this crash for our hike up Whitney last year. At Horseshoe Meadows campground there was a very cryptic notice pinned on the information boards. It warned not to go close to the wreckage because it could be "da
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by Steve C @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Picture of the JMT / Main Mt Whitney Trail junction, just west and below Trail Crest. Picture posted on FB by Inyo SAR member Ed Carlson, provided to him by Alec D. Depending on temperatures, that snow can turn slick and icy. Traction devices will
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Summit 10/8/18 by AJSF @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

Thx for the pics and review of your trip. I'm headed up on 10/17. Your report is especially helpful to me.
General Discussion
And you hadn't even got to the fun parts. Add a totally blown front strut to my list of White Mountain Road damage above (I still haven't totally fixed my car after 4 months due to waiting for parts). If I run my car out of gas, I blame White Mo
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Mount Russell conditions by zykonb2400 @ 10/13/18 08:39 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip to Mount Russell on the 22nd and was wondering if anyone has any info on the conditions? Is there snow covering the scree? If so how deep?
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Canyon R2R2R by Oleh @ 10/11/18 07:43 PM

There it Grand Canyon forum on Yahoo. But it is not very active
Trip Reports
Jump to new posts Re: Conquering Colorado's 14ers by Chris B @ 10/11/18 01:40 PM

Great pics and awesome trip, Jim! Having just finished my third summer as Colorado resident (having moved from California), one of the things I love the most here is the amount of wilderness space we have, and the flexibility (due to lack of permi
General Discussion
Testing a Toilet Tech unit on Long's Peak trail, Rocky Mtn NP. Next to it on the right is the older-style solar dehydrating toilet inside a privacy shelter. Very similar trail conditions as Whitney and similar heavy use. But they keep toilets worki
General Discussion
Originally Posted By: futbolOriginally Posted By: DUGOriginally Posted By: futbolI scouted this out a month ago from where the trail ends and the bushwhacking begins at Hogback Creek. I'm seriously considering trying to get up to this crash site nex
General Discussion
We exited over Trail Crest and their were two rangers where everyone drops their packs. They checked everyone and were writing down the permit numbers for future use. I met a lot while hiking and it seems like with your pack and your moving they