Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 54 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3311 Members
13 Forums
5376 Topics
49796 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Mt Whitney elevation? by skiroc @ 03/14/18 01:38 PM

Steve - I went to my profile last night and discovered that I did have that one post in 2012 right after I joined. The time span of my memory is shrinkiing...
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Dawn Wall Movie. by wagga @ 03/14/18 02:55 AM

Here is the trailer. "In January, 2015, Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson captivated the world with their effort to climb The Dawn Wall, a seemingly impossible 3,000 foot rock face in Yosemite National Park, California. The pair lived on the she
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Yosemite Falls Cascading Rainbow by Steve C @ 03/14/18 12:30 AM

Thanks, Wagga! That is a rare treat! Here's a link to just the video: Larger:
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Not a Marmot, Not a Pika. by wagga @ 03/13/18 11:47 PM

This would be the Oz equivalent of the Marmot. The bloke shown gets the big bucks for throwing tantrums.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Mt Whitney Lottery 2018 by bglolli @ 03/13/18 11:27 PM

Correction. Just type Mount Whitney on the main page and this takes me directly to whats needed to start the permit process.
The Chat Room
Not as early as Bob ... but pretty close. 118187. Got that back in the mid 1960s?
Picture Gallery
Jump to new posts mt san gorgonio cloud level by futbol @ 03/12/18 09:00 PM

Mt San Gorgonio
General Discussion
We hiked up Mt San Gorgonio yesterday. There are patches of snow all along the trail, much of it negligible until over just under ~9k feet. That's where we used spikes, but crampons would have been better. On the way up the snow was mushy until ~1
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Current Conditions: Mt Whitney Trail by jhmccann @ 03/11/18 10:21 PM

Hahaha! Obviously I meant to say if you see my truck parked somewhere of Whitney Portal Road... Well it was a short lived trip. Set up camp but snow conditions got pretty heavy in the evening. Packed out early and called it a weekend. Always next