Mt Whitney Webcam
Mt Williamson Webcam
Feature Topics
Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3270 Members
13 Forums
5344 Topics
49605 Posts

Max Online: 382 @ 11/07/12 05:45 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: So Mt Whitney is about 1 inch taller... by saltydog @ 12/16/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: WanderingJimApparently, the California drought caused the Sierra Nevada mountains to rise about an inch. And my second summit of Whitney this year was a tiny bit more impressive than the first. Sorry, the whole Sierra rose.
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Haleakala hike? by Steve C @ 12/14/17 03:01 PM

I've not been to that island, but looking on gmap4, I can follow the Kaupo Trail route from the road passing through Kaupo on the map here. Using the map, switch between "h - Aerial Google Hybrid" and "t4 - CalTopo Hi-res USA",
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts iPhone case by Steve C @ 12/14/17 08:57 AM

Here's a cool Whitney-related iPhone case: Found on Instagram, posted by artist_athlete Caption: Love Lone Pine & Alabama Hills. I took this photo a few years back & now itís available on an iPhone case plus more merch! https://society6.com/artis
The Chat Room
Jump to new posts Re: Glacial Polish by Fritsch @ 12/13/17 08:04 AM

Very interesting phenomenon. Is that glacier in danger like so many other around the world?
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: FYI medical report about JMT by saltydog @ 12/11/17 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CWell it is a first of its kind, of sorts, so I think it falls into the "Hmmm, that's interesting" category, but nothing earth-shaking. I'm wondering if it isn't a result of questionnaire pushed on the Facebook