Yes, it's pretty straightforward, especially after finding the right ravine to begin the climb. There are several ravines across the alluvial fan - look for the one towards the top of the fan with the 10' round boulder. Once you start in, you should see a footbed, and occasional duck (cairn). After a few hundred yards there's a larger cairn, on the left. You squeeze between a couple of boulders, and the path becomes more obvious. If you're one of the first ones up in the fall (too hot in summer) this path may be indistinct, but by March it should be rather pronounced.

On the return, you won't be able to see your vehicle until you're nearly there. If you cross the fan too high, you'll run into multiple deep ravines. If this happens, just head downhill, and then angle towards the road. There's a kiosk about a mile below where most park, and occasionally you can see it glint in the sun on the return. I use this as a visual. I also have my GPS loaded with a track so I can verify the route if necessary.

There's a group of us who hike on Wednesdays, and Corkscrew is a favorite despite its long drive. We promised one of the guys that if he couldn't make it, we'd divert and do Towne instead, saving Corkscrew for a later date. In any case, I'll update this thread.