Hi Kevin -

I think you old geezers get up and down just fine. As far as tracks, I have lost some of mine over the last year. I can approximate if you want a rough idea. I should be back up there sometime in the next month also.

The route I was posting may not be any easier on the difficulty, but I think it is much easier in a "route finding" kind of way. The first time we Bob H. and a few of us attempted to find our way up, we followed some of the previous known route descriptions. It felt like work to get to the best place into and out of drainage. At times we were not on the route. Once we had ascened a certain elevation above the drainage we got on route and it became obvious were to go from there. We did not always feel like the route was intuitive(IOHO), higher up it was easy to stay on and you could always see where you were going ahead. Descending it is obvious where to follow and in the years following the trail and ducks have become more used and more marked.

The alternate route I was discussing seems more easy to follow in a "navigation" sort of way. From cars - aim for V-notch. You always keep this V-notch in sight as you cross the desert. As you get closer, you see where to begin an ascent off the valley floor with well used "use trails". I look for the green area of a small spring off the valley floor. Once at the top of the V-notch, you are on a ridge line. From there - it is straight forward - go up in along what a appears to be obvious high point of ridge line. You merge with other trails at the keyhole rock. This is approximately 5-10 minutes below the summit.