Originally Posted By: KevinR
There's a group of us who hike on Wednesdays, and Corkscrew is a favorite despite its long drive. We promised one of the guys that if he couldn't make it, we'd divert and do Towne instead, saving Corkscrew for a later date. In any case, I'll update this thread.

A group of us did Corkscrew yesterday, and based upon that I revised my Wikiloc entry. Unfortunately, this BB's software won't let me revise my previous post above to reflect the correct link, so use the one in this thread as a reference instead of the one above. The reason I revised it is that the waypoint marked the wrong place for the mouth of the "black canyon/round boulder". I also added some photos, one which contains information on finding the parking area beside the state highway, and another a visual of the "black canyon".

For the most part, the threadway is well-defined after leaving the deep ravine, and finding the way up is fairly straightforward, as mostly you can see the trail from below. Any difficulties will be about .5 miles below the summit on the decent, as you pass thru a moderate rock band. No problems finding your way up, but do note the small rock cairns at the top of the band as they're not as obvious on the way down.

It was a great hike with long views and a cool breeze. Total elevation gain was 3,550 over 3.8 miles.