Bee, what happens to a debater's score when they knowing make deceptive statements such as Prop F language?

"Many people believe the city's primary water source is the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite National Park because the system is called the Hetch Hetchy system. In fact, Hetch Hetchy Reservoir is just one of nine reservoirs that store water for San Francisco."

Fact: Of those nine reservoirs, only six of them store drinking water. Hetch Hetchy reservoir stores more than the other 5 drinking water reservoirs combined.

Either the authors of Prop F are ignorant about the system they want to change, or they are deliberately lying. Either they need to do some homework before asking for $8 million or they are just plain lying. For a lengthy description of the numerous false and misleading statements in Prop F, read this .

Fact: San Francisco citizens use their water more efficiently than any other major city in California. Water use averages 85 gallons per day vs a statewide average of 160 gallons per day.

Fact: Several projects are either ready to come online within a year, or are in construction, or in planning and design stages to increase groundwater pumping and recycling.

Prop F completely ignores this massive infrastructure upgrade in progress. It's happening whether Prop F passes or not, in fact Prop F might just slow it all down by diverting resources and legal action.

Then there's the long list of unachievable demands on an impossible time schedule that are required by Prop F. This amount of engineering, environmental, and legal work is unheard of in that amount of time.

Pretty much everyone would love to restore Hetch Hetchy just because it sounds great and seems like a good thing to do. The eight pages of false or misleading statements is probably why the Sierra Club and Green Party and not supporting Prop F; and there is strong opposition from the Mayor, City Council, and the local newspapers. It's becoming another poster child for the failed proposition system in San Francisco. It only takes 15,000 signatures to get one on the ballot.

Lastly, as I wrote in my first post, the current ecosystem is not broken, it's just different. It's actually quite a beautiful area as it is. It would be different without the lake, but I'm not convinced it would be better as a valley with millions of people tramping around.