I appreciate the advice, encouragement and suggestions. Seriously I do. I am extremely cautious in the back country. Maybe more than I should, but I come home safely after every trip so I can live with missing out on an epic.

I was curious about Muir and some other peaks mainly because I know my limitations. Yes I went up the MR and had no problems. But, on the other hand I was just following my son who was lead by Richard P. I didn't really have any problems but I just put my hands and feet where I was told. We did not down climb. So I have never really down climbed a route.

I did successfully route find my way to the Gamblers Special Wreck. That is a route that has stonewalled a few hikers before me. The thing here is I researched it for three years and failed once. Also after you make the correct turn its simply UP. If you can handle the elevation gain you can not get lost. If you go up you will get to the tarn. Pick the easiest path and go. A monkey could do it. And if you fall, you'll need a band aide, not a body bag.

Anyway, I was just thinking out loud, not trying to stir anyone up. Again, I appreciate the comments and suggestions. It's nice to be back..................DUG

Last edited by DUG; 09/13/13 11:10 PM.