"Most likely place...I disagree with Ken's assessment. I view the area between Consultation Lake and Trailside Meadow that is highly exposed as the most likely place and I'm sure others have their areas that they view as most likely."

You may not have understood my perspective: The area where he was found was clearly and convincingly selected by the members of this forum as the most likely place, complete with multiple pictures, and recitation by many of their difficulties in the area. I saw neither of the two with your choice, and would advocate that your one vote does not outvote everyone else.

"You can put all the signs and barriers you want...just like verbal warnings, and still stupid people are going to do stupid things."

I am not sure that you can reasonably argue that the hiker in the recent incident did anything stupid. You certainly cannot argue that he was inexperienced.

In my mind, we have a situation with a hard-to-follow trail section, especially in the dark. This is a solvable problem, that is easy to do, costs virtually nothing, and fits within the legal things that can be done.

I guess your point of view includes not changing the signs below Trail Crest. "You can put all the signs and barriers you want....." But fixing that seems to have gone a long way towards solving that recurrent problem. We'll know better by the end of the season.