Lol, I'm one of those people with a fear of the Windows. At least there were a few spots where I thought , "gulp, that's a long way down." I like to say I have a fear of falling, not heights. For instance I have no idea what the big deal is about the Cables. I could see the worry there if there were no cables - believe me, that's coming -but with the cables I don't see the big deal. We all have something that bothers us, does that mean all of those fears should be addressed? No, that's part of the challenge in hiking. Without it the accomplishment would be reduced. If the challenge us too much for you, you find something else. I for instance will never climb El Capitan, and I'm fine with that.

Back to the point at hand, I don't see the danger above Lake Helen. You can't prevent people from making poor decisions when tired. Anyone who accidentally walks off that ledge is really out of it, and their mistake was starting out on the hike in the first place, not missing the trail. How can we reasonably prevent that?