Markos: thanks for being willing to remove that tag.

Anton makes a good point though, I don't think we should be so quick to light these folks up. If they did do it for a friend in the military, that's certainly a well-meaning gesture, and I don't think this would be deserving of extreme ire of, say, that young woman who spraypainted "art" on natural surfaces in multiple National Parks. I think we can all agree that they stop plastering QR codes in natural areas and that this one should be removed (arguably, unless they produce proof that they got permission).

But as Mike H noted, the Britt Foundation quickly removing their information does suggest they did not solicit the proper permissions. Eagle Scouts completing their required improvement projects fixing trails or putting up commemorative signs/cenotaphs know to get permission from respective land agencies, these folks should have too.

Worse so, it appears to me that the tag is poorly applied and VERY unsightly though I'm not in the habit of putting pitch on a rock. Does anyone know the best/cleanest way to remove pitch from granite?

@jjoshuagregory (Instagram) for mainly landscape and mountain pics