Interesting response, Steve.

As you probably know, I am of two minds on the issue, and as such, I'm willing to look at viable alternatives that are creative, responsible, practical, legal, and cost effective.

You were asked to present your version of such, and I'm disappointed that, instead, you simply yelled at Dale for his position (as much as he might have deserved it), and asked a bunch of rhetorical questions of the Park Service (but since we're not the Park Service, how are we to answer?)

I would like, instead, to see your reasoned approach to the issue, with specifics. You know far more about the problem than most here, because you are a local and have hiked it many more times and have access. There are assumptions that you probably make that we don't even know.

Perhaps there is a "common sense" postion that you could lay out, that we could get behind collectively, and instead of as a group simply blathering, actually making a difference. As you know, I like to do that from time to time, and I think you do, too.