I do have to admit that in an open carry situation I would hold no regard what so ever to how others feel about it around me and it's certainly not that I want to worry anyone or that I don't really care but the very nature that others get worried or feel nervous or feel in danger from a person doing open carry completely disgusts me at the state of propaganda and conditioning being put forth in this country, it's probably safe to say that 99% of the people that would open carry are exactly the sort of people you would "want" to have around you and you should feel safer.

People die every single day from a multitude of things that aren't really considered, when someone gets stabbed do we have a national debate on why knifes should be eliminated from society? and with other issues such as big pharma, nearly 300 people die every single day from legal pharmaceutical drugs but no one is getting worked up, or how about the hundreds of thousands of people that die every year from medical personnel making mistakes such as giving you the wrong medicine while in the hospital, oops! sorry we killed him! next!, the point is there is so many other issues to worry about and guns is the least of those, especially when it comes to using any examples of accidents against them, now how many die from car accidents? would be a powerful figure to use in a debate on banning all cars in the world wouldn't it?

On the subject of having a nice debate about stuff I agree that it's good to have opinions posted and considered regardless if you disagree even to the point of becoming angry, I only have come to hate constant debating from past forum experience, I used to engage in heavy digital political activism to the point where it could take 4 hours to write a single post because there was so much information to provide, what I learned is you never get anywhere ever, very few people are willing to consider points or information that can change their constructed view of the world.

Last edited by RoguePhotonic; 02/28/10 06:28 PM.