Originally Posted By: AlanK
Originally Posted By: Bulldog34
I agree Alan...

I'd happily debate/discuss any topic with the likes of yourself and Icystair any day. Like you said, we really aren't that far apart even though we're not exactly on the same page. I understand and respect your thoughts, and I think you reciprocate. We could probably spend hours debating in a bar from opposite perspectives on a given matter, and part agreeing to happily do it again soon.

I enjoyed much of the discussion on the WPSMB thread, although there were a couple of exasperating posts too (by people who aren't over here). I especially appreciated a couple of Bulldog's essays. I mentioned somewhere that I own no guns and also that I have always lived in places where I could go out walking at any hour without fear. I also admitted that some event could cause me to regret that attitude, or at least change my mind. For example, if I am held up at gunpoint a couple of times, I might very well re-think my gun non-ownership. In any case, I certainly don't go around telling other people how to respond to such situations!

Alan, I apologize - in all the back-and-forth between the two boards, I completely missed this post and just now saw it. In all honesty, I'd rather debate or discuss a topic with someone who is not necessarily on the same page as me than someone who is - if they bring civility and mutual respect to the table. It's not worth the effort if you can't learn something new or gain a different insight. You do that, and I appreciate it.

Essays, huh? Oh well, I've never been accused of being shy . . . or concise.