Hi folks. Ill be a solo hiker this july 23(Wednesday) on mt whitney. I did a half dome hike last year and did it for 12 hours hiking leisurely. Im just anxious and curious How does it compare with mt whitney?

Ill be coming from new jersey and we dont have high altitide mountain that ill have access to and be able to train to. All i have is a 4.0 mile loop "giant stairs off palisades interstate park" with a 500 ft of elevation ascent of about .3 miles and probably a total of 800 ft(or maybe less) of combined elevation gain for the whole loop.

So far ive been working on 2 loops and 5 round trip on the 500 ft (.3 mile trail) for about 6.5 hours including a 15 min "lunch time". I know im not ready yet but i still have about couple months to train harder for the whitney hike. I just want some baseline of the hike comparing it with half dome (did the mist trail - so less than 13? miles). If mt whitney is 10/10, how would you rate half dome hike.

Thanks a lot guys. Btw, i havent paid for the permit yet. Im willing to share my permit because i originally applied for 3 permits (for my brothers in cali) , but unfortunately they dont have time to train for the hike. So if ever you wanted to join just pm me and ill gladly include you on my permit application granted you are willing to pay for the $15/head fee (?)