Wow. I guess i underestimated the whitney hike big time. Thanks guys for all the replies and detailed notes. It made me not think twice nor thrice but a million times to pursue this hike. The inner me make me want to commit on this. Well theres only one way to know for sure if i can do this or not is to be on it.

Based on nyker's suggestion, I reserched online The closest trail to my location is the devils path off Catskills'(about 3.5 hrs). I might give it a try one of these weekends.
I was off yesterday and i did the giant stairs loop in opposite direction(as it felt harder and steeper doing the other way) 3x and and 4 round trips on 520 ft (.3 mile) for 8.5 hours. I stopped cause my legs were cramping bad that i had a hard time finishing up the 4th round trip on the 520 ft trail (.3 miles). I wanted to finish up 4 laps and at least additional 5 round trips on the .3 mile 520 ft ascent before i go to devils path.

Again, thanks again for all the replies.

Last edited by ponzy; 04/26/14 06:45 AM. Reason: changed. little bit to big time!