wagga, that's not what I heard. Someone very high up the chain of Forest Service personnel told me that after they get all the applications for the lottery, they take them up to the Owens River crossing in Laws. Then they dump them in the river. Between Bishop and Big Pine, many get caught up in the tree falls, weeds, reeds and sometimes get stuck on sand banks. Many do get through though and if they can get past the musk rats, fishing lines and other obstacles, there's a good chance they can make it to the major obstacle, Tinemaha Reservoir. Then it gets tricky. If the winds aren't blowing strong to the South, the applications can just lie around the lake for weeks, many just drifting to the bottom. But, the lucky ones reach the outlet at the Southwest corner of the reservoir. If they don't get shredded up whooshing through the pipes, then they get back into the flow of the Owens River. From there, it's just a short journey to the Los Angeles Aqueduct. After passing Independence a few of them reach Lone Pine. At that point, Doug reaches down with a fishing net and scoops up the lucky winners and takes them to the Eastern Sierra Interangency Center and Forest Service Dept off the 136!!! I'm so excited.......I think mine will be a lucky one. Good luck.

"Turtles, Frogs & other Environmental Sculpture"

www.quillansculpturegallery.com
twitter: @josephquillan

If less is more, imagine how much more, more is -Frasier