Hi SteteC and all other applicants. I too am still in the 'limbo' pile as of today - no cc hit and no letter so I continue to wait until up to April 20th from what I am reading.

I did the math with an excel spreadsheet and =4138/7804 result is ==> 53% <== for 'Reservations Made' divided by 'Accepted into the Box'. So for non-rejected apps the success rate is a little higher then the 50% posted for 2011 'successful' permit attempts.

Discussed this with my hiking buddies: if we win we go, but if not, we spend a week in Maine this year and plan for a Whitney Summit next year whether we win or not. Hopefully the new lottery software package will be available and then the old timers can nostalgically recount the days of snail-mail and the leaf blower. And I feel certain that the folks who do the Whitney lottery will not be surprised if "all tickets are gone within 23 minutes of being made available". Sheeh, ya think that the Yosemite people would not be surprised when tickets are bought up and scalped within hours of purchase. Guess Whitney hikers are more laid back than Half-Dome hikers.