Originally Posted By: wedbe11
Well I still haven't gotten a hit on on cc or any letter. I am super nervous because we wanted to get married on Mt.Whit this Summer and then have a ceremony on our property following for the flatlanders. All my family is on the east coast and everyone is bugging me on when the date is going to be... We wanted to hike with 6 people and 3 of them need to fly in so we need to have ceremony on property the same week. But we have no idea if that will even happen :-(. I can only be hopeful that we hear some good news soon!

Congratulation on your upcoming Whitney nuptials.

My wife and I were married by the Portal Falls in July 2007 and took our "honeymoon hike" to Lone Pine Lake that day. We had our pre-wedding dinner in the private room at the Pizza Factory in Lone Pine. My brother-in-law was my best man, and my stepdaughter was the maid of honor. My wife wore a white dress. I wore my North Face shorts and vest, white Columbia hiking shirt, and Nike sandals (I should have tucked my shirt in but oh well). My in-laws were also in attendance from Juniper Hills and Oakhurst. Ate our "honeymoon fries" at the Portal Store compliments of Doug Sr. We later celebrated at Seasons before whisking my wife away and carrying her over the threshold at Room 50 at the Dow Villa. Very romantic day our wedding day.

We celebrated our first anniversary on July 2008 with a summit hike with a family friend, BruinDave. Mother Nature unleased her fury that day.

Here is my suggestion if you are doing a dayhike. Get the formal ceremony done at the Portal Area the day before. Do your Whitney hike the following day and consummate your wedding with a "photo formal" at the summit. Less pressure for the bride, groom and pastor.

Now, if you are doing an overnighter, then forget the aforementioned and GO FOR IT!

Just a suggestion, but hey it is YOUR wedding. Hope you get the date of your first choice.

Journey well...