Originally Posted By: Whitney Fan

Chicagowright -- the "rationales" were unnecessary, your nominations had been fine. But -- these new hike descriptions are excellent examples of "impassioned and persuasive speech" which may win ultimate votes for your nominations!

Also, I received a call from the Alaska Chamber of Commerce asking for contact information for you! Seriously, your descriptiion helps me -- because I am tentatively planning my first trip ever to Alaska next year.

We could easily have a TTYDHYMD substituting Yosemite for US. Nobody has yet nominated Panorama, 4 mile Trail or Yosemite Falls Trails. I guess I have beaten that rationale to death.

But as far as Alaska I've only been here 9 months and still can't believe I have these world class trailheads minutes from my home. And I've only hiked in the Anchorage area and Alaska has so much to offer. It is hard to decide which way to go! I had not heard about Crow Pass until 10 months ago. And my description above is no exaggeration or marketing spin!

Let me know which direction you are heading and I may be able to help point you in the right direction for questions or services. I'm learning so much myself so I will be interested in your plans.