The month of April is here, good weather is returning, Whitney permits are being discussed, other hikes are being planned, and theoretically the readership of this board is increasing.

The winter doldrums are over. The participation in the nominating for the "Top Ten United States Day Hikes You Must Do" (TTUSDHYMD) had dwindled to zilch because of them. So I let nature take it's course and decided to wait until now to revive this important job!

Here is the original post in this thread which inaugurated the nominations thus far.

Looking back at the rules in the original post for this competition, it is apparent that # 9, # 11, and # 12 need to be revised, and are hereby replaced with the following:

9. The nominating period will commence upon posting of the original post and end on June 30, 2013.

11. An alphabetical list of all nominated day hikes will be maintained by Whitney Fan and posted in a new thread throughout the nominating period.

12. A voting period will extend from 12:00 AM July 1, 2013 until 12:00 AM August 1, 2013.

(Please review all the rules in the original posting if you are new to all this.)

So fellow Whitney Zone members, are we up for this or what? Although we have a nice selection of nominations thus far I feel it can be and should be improved -- I'm sure that lots of eminently qualified hikes are probably still missing. Previous nominators -- think some more! New participants -- join in the fun!

Let's have a robust three months of interest in nominations followed by the important final voting in July. Have we got enough of a base in membership on this board to get this done or not? The final results will only be as good as the participation in this warrants -- let's wind up with a GOOD and CREDIBLE listing of these hikes that all of us, including non-board members, can look up to and aspire to.