wagga -- your nomination led me here in an attempt to find out more about this hike. Is this the hike you're proposing? If so, my adding of the 3 mileages on that page (for 3 different segments of the trail) comes to 16 1/2 miles one way! This looks like a great hike, but can we really call a 33 mile round trip hike a day hike? I think we can, but it's sure a stretch, especially considering it's in the Grand Canyon going down to the river and back. I'm inclined to accept it as a day hike absent comments thinking I shouldn't. But please confirm that this is the hike you're nominating.

KevinR -- your post also required me to snoop around to get more information. Here is one page I found (like wagga's nomination, there are multiple sources of further online information). Here we have another puzzle -- this looks like yet another great hike, but at 33.8 miles ONE WAY, I'm not sure if we can call this a day hike. Sleeping on the summit to end the hike? It seems that some sort of return to end the overall hiking environment would apply. Can you come up with a specific hiking plan that would rationalize this as a day hike? (It looks like there might be some way to be found online, but instead of my working to find it I thought you might know more quickly.)

These are two great and thought provoking posts!