Originally Posted By: wbtravis
Energy intensive jobs will not go to China or India, where they burn a bunch of coal...and are adding coal fired plants like crazy, and they don't do diligence when it comes to pollution controls like we do. Kind of defeats the purpose and all this wonderful green stuff.

"If they don't care why should we?" Yikes!

if we do not buy 17% oil, which comes form OPEC nations, it is going to stay in the ground, right? They are not going to get their coin to fund martyrdom operations, right? China and the Euro's are not going to buy what we do not buy. Help me with this.

Keeping our money in the US is a bad thing? Help ME with this.

We have fracked out way to essentially energy independence on mostly private lands.

By what I have read/heard, there is not an infinite supply of oil even by way of fracking. PS check out the new earthquate patterns that have suddenly appeared in the hydro release areas, adds a little spice to life!

You don't seem too exercised by the loss of employment of your fellow citizens. That is the position you seem to be advocating.

Alas the demise of the buggywhip maker!

I am with Salty on this: am I really reading this all correctly, Dog?? (gonna have to re-name you now that you are a land-lubber)

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.