SN,

What exactly does BS mean these days? That means lies, and in this case a series of lies but that's OK. Rather than refute you belittle.

Why mention FM radio at all, if it wasn't meant as a slight against sources. Just because? Seriously.

Why did it drift into WW II? Could it be I found an analogy false and said so...if you had not noticed. Ken did not appreciate it and the topic veered off course for a while. However, WW II was instructive as to weather in NW Europe and the folly of putting solar panels in an area that does not see sun a big part of the year...historic weather is mentioned in many of the books about the air war; therefore, it was on topic.

Europe itself is instructive because they are ahead of us and renewables are starting to fail under their own weight because the governments cannot support the current level of subsidy, they can't meet hard emission goals without damaging their economies and the long term of the welfare state is jeopardy because the Europe is dying...if I'm not mistaken renewables dependent on the largess of governments for their very survival because they are unprofitable. But none of this is relevant because solar is good.

You use the term shotgun blast because you do not like my approach on this, period. It is a derisive term. You don't want to discuss any of this because your damn the torpedoes attitude about solar development.

Make it competitive and I will support it, period.