Good grief, WBT! Your pro-Big-Oil rants are incredible.

Why in the world are you so much against using solar power? It is really the ONLY energy source that is unlimited and its use has NO negative impact on our environment.

There are plenty of reasons everyone in the world should be more careful with the use of fossil and other fuel sources, and the fact that the supply is finite apparently carries zero weight with your reasoning.

All you seem to care about is treating every energy source as a commodity, where the cheapest is best and the richest people should be able to burn it as wantonly as they please. And it's just too bad for those poor suckers that are trying to cut back on their population growth and those poor suckers that don't live on land where there is a glut of natural gas. Let them eat cake!

I live in a city where stupid voters passed an initiative outlawing the use of water meters because they didn't believe over-users should be penalized. Even though the water table has dropped a hundred feet in the past century, and now they have to compete with agriculture for surface water. Fortunately, in order to qualify for water supplied by (ugh!) the federal government, the city is now required to utilize water meters. Funny part is that my water bill has actually decreased. Now, the same group of idiots is trying to pass an initiative preventing the city from improving the water-delivery infrastructure. Kick the can down the road -- I don't care, because I'll be dead and gone before everything falls apart.

At some point in time, a majority in the world will come to realize how penny-wise and pound foolish this commodity-based waste of oil and fossil fuels is, and how valuable utilizing solar energy is. But it is clear that you will never be convinced.