Hello Chris!
Thank you so much for very useful info about the current conditions of Mt. Whitney. I am new to this forum and I'm planning to hike up Mt. Whitney next weekend.
It looks like weather is getting better towards the weekend. But I have several questions regarding this trip and if you or anyone in this forum (especially Steve-C as a thread moderator) can answer them, that would be super helpful.

1: Did anyone summit to the peak via the Main Trail (not the Mountaineer's Route) recently?

2: How is the water supply in the Trail campsite? If the little creek & pond right by the campsite is all frozen up, we may have to get water either from Mirror lake or Consultation lake.

3: Are the 99 switchbacks which lead to the Trail Crest accessible now? It looks like you went to the Chute which is a slope next to the 99 switchbacks.

The warmer weather next week may change the snow conditions and last week's info may not mean much but at least I would like to know the latest conditions in order to make right judgements.