Pre coffee post::: If you were to go by yourself, I highly reccomend a weekend when people are sure to be around. That being said, you should have plenty of boot pack that might help OR hurt a successful ascent. Do you have any sort of GPS device? If I was going solo I would make sure to have that. Most importantly, would you feel safe going up there with no self arrest practice? You seem set on multi-day trips which is good. It's a great place to learn crampons/ice axe and what's comfortable for you, but for your first time you should go with someone more experienced. Hiking in the snow is another ballgame! If you end up post holing a lot of the way, the amount of energy to take your leg out is unreal. I want to encourage you to go, but with someone. In the summer it is different, if you're confident and have the right tools/skills then solo can be rewarding. The mountains are always in charge! If anything (weather, conditions) were to change, you don't wanna be by yourself. Altitude & being tired can really mess with you up there. You can text me anytime for advice 8583533661...as I'm half asleep at the moment. Safely first always...

Last edited by sarahD; 05/28/16 08:08 AM.