Like so many others this forum was extremely helpful to me. I summited in one day on 6/26. We left at 3am summited at 12 and were back down at the portal around 7. There was no need for ice axe, crampons or micro spikes. I was pretty nervous about the hike a couple of days going into it but as long as you have the right mental attitude you'll be fine. I have two kids and trained the best I could mostly at the gym on the stair master with a couple of day hikes here and there. We spent two nights at Whitney Portal to acclimatize but the altitude still effected me quite a bit with some light headedness and nausea. It was also very warm the day I summited and didn't put on enough sunscreen, remember to reapply. I also overpacked my pack and brought more food then I needed. The hike is strenuous but I strongly believe that your attitude plays the biggest part of getting yourself to the top. Not sure what else to add except hiking poles are definitely a worthwhile investment. Also we had no issues with parking seemed to be more than enough spaces in overflow. If anyone has any other questions please feel free to ask. Thanks.