I just summited yesterday (6/26) with a group of three. There is a lot of water on the trail and some of the stream crossings are pretty deep, especially the first one. On the way up it was easier and dryer to take our boots off than to try to jump from rock to rock, but on the way down jumping on the rocks was fine.

We took our time heading up on Saturday (6/25) because we were staying at trail camp. After staying the night at trail camp we got an earlier start up the switch backs, there were a few places with thin layers of ice over the rocks. This wasn’t anything to be too worried about, just have to watch your step. Coming back down, after the sun hit the trail, this all melted.

The cable area was all clear, I was able to hike right through it pretty quick, but I could see how this could be very nerve-wracking. At no point do you need to go to the outside of the cables.

Right before trail crest there is a little sketchy area. (Sorry for the bad picture, it’s all I’ve got) As someone else mentioned, there is quite a bit of snow you have to cross over on a narrow path. This is one of the spots where having trekking poles definitely helped. We all had microspikes, but did not use them. I could easily see how someone would want to use them here. I think the earlier you get there, the easier it will be to cross; the snow starts to get super slushy as the day goes on.

From Trail Crest on, there was one larger patch of snow, but much more manageable. This one had a clear path beaten into so there weren’t any issues. Again, trekking poles help a lot, take your time and make sure your feet are set before moving on.

Feel free to ask any questions! I have attached some photos from my first go through. I will be posting more on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/btfleming4/

Last edited by btfleming4; 06/27/16 09:51 AM.