And how many more months of this is in your future Steve? May be time to get the pharmacist set up on speed-dial for that Xanax scrip . . .

Never done a through-hike of one of the Big Three (and probably never will, given I don't have six months' PTO just laying around gathering dust), but I've read a number of books by through-hikers and know several folks who have done one or more. They all seem to agree that most of the drama is during the first couple of weeks, while they're taming their legs and getting their rhythm down. Get past those first two weeks, and the physical challenges and discomfort that comes with them, and it usually becomes an exercise in repetition and boredom-control. Few members of the population get to experience a true ongoing Groundhog Day-type deja vu like through-hikers. Catpappy could probably share some interesting thoughts, as he did the entire AT when he was younger (much younger, right John?).

This ought to make for an interesting summer. Now that the Jessica thread is being laid to rest (condolences, wagga), we have a new cause to follow! If Brett makes it through to Mexico, I predict at least 2000 posts on this thread . . .