7/1- 7/3 Stehekin to Milk Creek 69
Skip Milk Cr to Stevens Pass 59
7/7 Stevens Pass to exit point 7
Skip exit pt to Snoqualmie Pass 57
7/12 (today) Snoqualmie P. to ~Dandy P. 18
camp at mile 2397, elev. 3900
Total hiked to date 180
total skipped miles 116

Apparently he's camped where he gets cell reception, since I got a single tail-end text message (3 of 4), and it appears to be text he wrote last week, since he's not rationing food on the first night out. His phone does weird things with his unsent messages--they seem to stream out at odd times. Here's the text:
...able group. Missing Javana a lot, being cold and wet is NOT fun and makes me think of home. I hope to get cell service some day. May need to ration food.

Before he left today, he said he got a call from Nick, one of the four who bailed at Milk Creek with him. Nick had gone on with Darren and Adrienne at Brett's second exit point, but they moved on earlier from Snoqualmie Pass. Brett expected to catch Nick by this evening, since he's carrying a heavier pack and moving slower.

Darren and Adrienne are at mile 2369, 46 miles ahead.

Here's a picture Brett posted on Facebook directly from his phone at 5:30 this evening, captioned "Dinner by Mirror Lake....cell service wow!"

Then he hiked another 8 miles, until 9 PM.

Brett's journal entry for the day:
7/12 It's good to be back on the trail. Hiked south from Snoqualmie Pass starting at 2pm and covered an amazing 16 miles by 8:30 when I met Nick at a nice grassy campsite. Tomorrow we plan to shoot for 30 miles to get to a cabin with a wood stove for tomorrow night. We shall see!