Brett is down to Watsonville tonight. Big Sur tomorrow.

He's having such a rough time... Called me from a Starbucks about mid-morning fussing about the cold foggy weather. cry The bike trip is definitely different from the all-day hiking on the PCT.

I checked on Darren and Adrienne's progress...

Sad news for Darren. He posted this a week ago (Adrienne is aka Machine)
Quote:
Bad news! It turns out my "shin splints" is actually a stress fracture of the tibia. I am side-lined for at least four weeks. Lesson learned; don't let the Urgent Care MD in Bend talk you out of those X-Rays you wanted. Time to hang in Ashland and figure out my next Step. Maybe I can get those trip photos uploaded soon.

This makes Machine the last hiker standing from the group of eight I started with in Manning Park on June 25th. She is powering through Central Oregon as we speak. She has barely had a blister or even sore feet. I think I only saw her out of breath once during the whole trip. She certainly earned her trail name. Best wishes for her continued Southbound success; she may be the last true Southbounder of the year.

PS - If any hikers have experience with a stress fracture and has healing/getting back on the trail advise please contact me.

Last edited by Steve C; 08/12/10 11:36 PM.