Brett talked with Darren today -- they were all in Packwood. He told me they were going to "road walk" some road for 30 miles.

And Brett quit the entire PCT adventure today. frown
I was having fun checking the maps, familiarizing myself with the terrain along the way.

When he came out at Chinook pass, there was still several feet of snow right along the road at the pass, with much more snow ahead. But then he might have quit even with good conditions. We'll never know.

Now his current plan is to pick up a used road bicycle in Seattle, and ride the coast of Washington and Oregon, and get to northern Calif in time to join his wife when she visits her family there.

He was beginning to have second thoughts some days ago when his wife reported issues back home: broken hot water pipe at kitchen sink, flooded kitchen floor, no more hot water in kitchen, then the air conditioner quit several days ago. That had him wishing he was home to take care of that stuff.

So I am hoping we can keep up with Darren and Adrienne as they move on south. I'll post occasional updates on Brett's bicycle (or whatever wink ) progress.