Steve:
I started using SPOT these past 5 years and my family is very happy after I got it. Previously they used to worry about my once in a year wilderness disappearances and were always grumbling when I excitedly tell them about my upcoming adventure.
Last year during my JMT trip SPOT did not work for 3 days and it really thru a scare and my daughter started calling police and rangers in Lone Pine and Innoyo NP and also called Banner Packers (whose name and tel no are collected from my emails). Finally one Ranger assured her that SPOT is having issues. SPOT really did not acknowledge their outage (which in my opinion they should have done immediately at least to all those email addresses they have on their servers) and the families were left in dark.
Actually my daughter is asking about any alternative I found to SPOT or am I carrying something else just in case SPOT does not work!
I am still planning on carrying SPOT but is there any way we can force them to acknowledge any server failures immediately to the families? Just wondering.

Last edited by Krishna; 06/24/14 07:07 AM.