Originally Posted By: WhitneyHiker085
Question for those who have recently hiked, or have hiked:

Someone had mentioned and recommended that hikers stay to the right up out of Outpost camp when heading up and when descending down from Summit, stay towards the left towards the rock down to Mirror Lake.

Can someone elaborate more on that please? I understand at Outpost camp, the trail is pretty much non-existing. I've done Mount Whitney but never summit and have gone as far in as Trail Camp. When you get to Outpost Camp, the trail continues over to the right of the camp, up a few switchback, and over the other side to eventually Mirror Lake. To the left of Outpost Camp, there would be a waterfall (where I am assuming the location where the women was found recently). I'm assuming there are tracks that would take you back to where you came from so how would someone were off over to the Waterfall side towards Outpost Camp?

Just trying to plan an upcoming trip so I know what to expect.

Actually, from just examining the map, I think I know what is meant now regarding staying to the right (out of Outpost Camp) and towards the left (from Trail Camp down to Mirror Lake) is meant now. Though, if I remember correctly, the trail past Mirror Lake is basically just on rocks, so I can see how maybe it's easy to go off-trail (unless tracks are there).