1. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

2. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?

3. What English word has three consecutive double letters?

4. If you were in a dark room with a candle, a woodstove, a match and a gas lamp which do you light first?

5. Is an old hundred dollar bill better than a new one?

6. In the NBA, how many men are on the basketball court for each team.

7. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?

8. I start with the letter e,
I end with the letter e.
I contain only one letter,
Yet I am not the letter e!
What am I?

9. There is an ancient invention still used in some parts of the world today that allows people to see through walls. What is it?

10. Light as a feather, nothing in it. A strong man can't hold it more than a minute. What is it?

11. There is a horse tied to a rope. The rope is 10 feet long. There is a bale of hay 23 feet in front of the horse. The horse is able to eat the hay, yet does not break the rope. How is that possible?

12. Mary left on a horse on Sunday, was gone for four days, and came back on Sunday. How did that happen?

13. Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?

14. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?

15. There was once a man who had a very selfish and unkind son. So one day the father sent his son to the market with one coin and said, "I am sick and tired of your selfish ways. Take this coin and buy with it: something to feed the cows, something to plant in the garden, something for us to eat, and something for us to drink. Don't come back until you do this!" He is only allowed to buy one item. What did he buy that fulfilled his father's wish?

16. What has a head, a tail,
is brown, and has no legs?
Answers:

1. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

You would be in 2nd. You thought first place, huh? Well, you passed the guy in second place, not first.

2. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?

Mt. Everest

3.What English word has three consecutive double letters?

Bookkeeper

4. If you were in a dark room with a candle, a woodstove, a match and a gas lamp which do you light first?

The match

5. Is an old hundred dollar bill better than a new one?

No, I'd rather have $100 bill than a new $1 bill.

6. In the NBA, how many men are on the basketball court for each team.

Five. If you said ten, don't feel bad as most people do. "Each team" is the key here.

7. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?

Meat

8. I start with the letter e,
I end with the letter e.
I contain only one letter,
Yet I am not the letter e!
What am I?

An Envelope.

9. There is an ancient invention still used in some parts of the world today that allows people to see through walls. What is it?

A Window

10. Light as a feather, nothing in it. A strong man can't hold it more than a minute. What is it?

Breath

11. There is a horse tied to a rope. The rope is 10 feet long. There is a bale of hay 23 feet in front of the horse. The horse is able to eat the hay, yet does not break the rope. How is that possible?

The rope isn't tied to anything!

12. Mary left on a horse on Sunday, was gone for four days, and came back on Sunday. How did that happen?

The horse's name was Sunday!

13. Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?

Quit imagining!

14. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?

One Thousand.

15. There was once a man who had a very selfish and unkind son. So one day the father sent his son to the market with one coin and said, "I am sick and tired of your selfish ways. Take this coin and buy with it: something to feed the cows, something to plant in the garden, something for us to eat, and something for us to drink. Don't come back until you do this!" He is only allowed to buy one item. What did he buy that fulfilled his father's wish?

He bought a watermelon - the juice to drink, the pulp to eat, the seeds to plant in the garden, and the rind to feed the cows!

16. What has a head, a tail,
is brown, and has no legs?

A Penny.

Author - Victoria Abreo

Lynnaroo